Re: Emission controls, or their lack of-apology, kinda long

To: <BarrMark262@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Emission controls, or their lack of-apology, kinda long
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:36:03 +0100
If you want to retain the anti-runon valve and have it working you must cap
off any unused ports on the canister, like that which would normally go to
the tank (but see below).  You would also need the hose from the canister to
the rocker cover, a non-vented oil filler cap, the hose from the front
tappet cover to the carbs via a Y-piece, and the smaller hoses from the
canister to the float chamber overflow ports and from the anti-runon valve
to the inlet manifold.

If you don't want the anti-runon valve remove it and the canister, seal off
the port on the rocker cover, and use a vented oil filler cap.

The fuel tank also needs considering.  If you still have the
separation/expansion tank in the boot trunk then this can be connected to
the canister and the original non-vented petrol filler cap used.  If not or
if removing the canister  the vent pipe from the tank must be sealed off and
a vented filler cap used.

PaulH.