Re: Wheels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: Jp Plank <moonshine327@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:06:31 -0500
Gerry wrote

> I have used the "basket weave" 14" wheels from a 240/260/280 Z
> for many years wearing 185/60 tires. They fit well and have a
> "period" look to them. Offsets were perfect and they fitted
> perfectly.

I was planning on using Z wheels on the "rest free" MGB.  I own 2 Z cars
a (76 and 79) so the wheels were easy to come by.
My question is regarding the lug nuts.  The Z alloy wheels require a mag
type lug nut as opposed to a standard steel wheel type lug nut.  Of
course the Z and the MGB used different thread patterns.  An earlier post
referenced modifying the MGB's lug nuts to work on the Z's alloy wheels.

How was this done?? also would lug nuts from the MGB LE alloy wheels
work?

thanks
Jp Plank
76 280Z  79 280ZX