Re: Just what does a sport coil do?

To: Tim Holt <holtt@nacse.org>
Subject: Re: Just what does a sport coil do?
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:56:26 -0600
  Yup, well it's funny.  I bought mine fom a MG lister who couldn't use
it for some reason.  I also ran it with a Pertronix Ignitor until the
Ignitor went intermittent, then I put the points plate back in.  I sent
the Ignitor back to Pertronix and they sent it back to me with a clean
bill of health.  I just never put the Ignitor back in.  It's been months
since I've looked at the points & the car's running like a top.  If it
ain't broke, don't fix it; right?

   BTW, I guess you've noticed that the sport coil is available from
Moss for only non-ballasted ignitions.  Presumably, it's internally
ballasted like the stock coil, or has one hell of a lot of wire in the
primary.

   Cheers,

    CR