Re: Newbie Questions

To: "ronking" <ronking@sbcglobal.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Newbie Questions
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 11:33:37 -0000
Maybe the tank has been replaced with a non-emissions one, hence nowhere to
connect the 2nd line, which I think should go through the boot floor to a
valve on top of the tank.  Maybe also the PO used the original non-vented
cap, which would cause severe fuel starvation, and has mangled the filler
pipe to let air in instead of getting a vented filler cap.  If so it could
well leak fuel in a roll-over so replacement would be advisable, then fit a
vented cap.  To stop fumes possibly getting into the boot seal off the pipe
from the canister.

Or replace the tank with the proper item, connect everything up, replace the
filler neck and get a non-vented filler cap.

PaulH.