Re: Installing the heater

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Installing the heater
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 17:49:59 -0500
....maybe I missed something here but I just went
through that myself.  Noone seemed to want to chime
in with any helpful hints.

Maybe it was just me, but I couldn't even get the heat box
down into position with or without the cable attached.

The new seal sent to me by the usual 'catalog' company was a big
chunk of rubber like material rather than foam. A REAL bitch
to compress  to get down into the cavity. Especially the way
it fit around the flapper cable mount and lever.  I had to back
out the two air tubes in the bulkhead.. and literally stomp
on the air box with my foot (bonnet removed) to get the
box down into place. (obviously distorting/bending  the outer
cable jacket in the process

Before stomping on it... to get the cable attached...
the cable was passed through the big seal....  I attached the
inner cable to the flapper before attaching the cable
casing.  Then slid the seal up in place, put the box in the hole
...got up on the fender and three stomps of my foot to get the damn
thing down into place.

In retrospect... I see now they expect you to reach up through the
footwell vent on the passenger side.... slide the cable through
the bulk head and attach the screws/clamps. Yeaha right!
who has hands that small other than a new born infant!

I think rebuilding my tranny was easier.  I've still never pulled
the radio box, and flex air tubes, to fix the through-bulkhead
air tubes back into place.  screw it.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com