Aluminum Cylinder heads

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Aluminum Cylinder heads
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 02:12:29 -0800
I've pretty mcuh decided to go with the aluminum cyldinder head (from
pierce) as the aluminum reduces the chance of detonation, and
detonation seems to be the limiting factor in a supercharged
motor. There is only one definition of a blown motor, that I want.

I will probably have RMI do some porting work on the head. My ported
head made more power than my non-ported head, with the blower. Also
the restrictions, for the same airflow, heat up the air, and cause
more chance for detonation. (Anybody see major flaws with my theory?)
With the blower, the airflow questions of a (mildly anyways) ported
motor at low RPMS, should be reduced as it pumps the same percentage
more air than the engine does across the RPM band.

I noticed that Pierce has aluminum heads both with and without the
smog ports. Are there any advantages of one over the other?  I had
been thinking of using the smog ports to mount Exhaust Gas Temperature
probes, as they come off right at the exhaust valves and I'd get one
per cylinder rather than sharing cylinders 2 and 3.

Again, I'm not looking to be legal in any particular class. So that is
not an issue.

Comments? Clue-by-fours?

--
                   Girling is not a verb.