Re: Valves on a supercharged motor

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Valves on a supercharged motor
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:12:15 -0800
My suspiscion is that while a blower can mask problems with flow,
it'll do so at the expense of requiring more power to pump the air
into the motor, this energy will show up as heat, someplace, probably
in the temperature of the charge.

Someone once told me that when he researched blowers he was told to
optimize the exhaust tract, because the blower doesn't make it easier
for exhaust to get out, you just have more that needs to.

I just got off the phone with Don at replika maschinen.
http://www.replikamaschinen.com/

One of the things we discussed was the amount of misinformation out
there about getting power out of motors. Unfortunately, the people who
invest in research and have scientific, quantified data, have a
competitive interest in keeping their research secret.

--
                   Girling is not a verb.