Re: Great source for MGB wiring with original bullet connectors

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>,
Subject: Re: Great source for MGB wiring with original bullet connectors
From: jello@ida.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 08:31:25 US/Mountain
The problem I've always had with putting the solder in from the wire side
of the bullet connector is this - to get a good connection, you must get
the bullet and the wire both to melting temp of the solder.  If I do that
with wire and solder going in the bullet connector, then the wire
insulation usually melts. This is not the best situation.  I'm not sure
how to address it though, as the insulation almost always melts.

Phil Bates
'67 MGB
'58 MGA
Misc others

BTW I have been known to put bullet type connectors on my german cars
because they're better than the spade type.