Metal cutting advice needed - non LBC

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Metal cutting advice needed - non LBC
From: pboldtrix@juno.com
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:07:20 -0500
Listers:
           I operate a self-service carwash and am getting ready to convert my
2-motor vacuums to 3 motors.  This will involve cutting 6" diameter holes
in the top of each of 10 stainless steel vacuums.  Since I don't own a
nibbler and I don't believe they can be cut neatly enough with a torch
(which I don't have either), I had planned to cut the holes with my sabre
saw, using metal cutting (lots of) blades.
        My question...what would be the best blades?  I know regular blades will
dull almost immediately on stainless (the vacuums are about 16-18 gauge
stainless), so they're out.  I can get bi-metal blades OR carbide grit
blades from Grainger, packs of five.   Which would be better?  Is there
another type more suitable?  Any other ideas for cutting the holes?   I'd
be working on a stable flat surface, which helps a lot, but stainless
steel can be a b***h!
        Anyone?
        TIA, Phil Bacon, GCTC,  72 TR6, 67 MGBGT