MGB Seats

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Seats
From: "David Macedonia" <david.macedonia@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 23:16:55 -0500
Everyone,

I'm trying to locate a part. At the bottom of the seat back of my '66 'B,
there is a captive fastener that is apparently used to attach a bracket of
some sort that holds the seat in the upright position. Clausager in
"Original MGB With MGC and MGB GT V8" describes it as:

"The black bracket in the middle of the bottom of the squab could be turned
180 degrees to lock the squab into the lower seat frame when upright, as
required by law in some export markets."

I have never seen the bracket and it is not listed in any of the major parts
suppliers' catalogs (Moss, VB, etc.). Does anyone have a picture of this
bracket? Can it be purchased? Can it be fabricated?

Thanks,

Dave Macedonia
1966 MGB