Re: OFF TOPIC - COMPUTER STUFF

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC - COMPUTER STUFF
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 11:18:42 -0700
If only you knew the true nightmare that you are asking...

You didn't mention which version of Windows you are using for one, but the
help file was migrated into an Internet Explorer based help file (chm file)
from the old help files sometime during the Win98 incarnation. I am going
to guess that it is the newer help file style as they do appear in smaller
fonts.

I have been working on a programming nightmare the past year where I
convert one of my programs to Hebrew so I have seen the worst in how
Windows fonts work between windows, menus, text - each one controlled in
different places, some supporting foreign characters and some not. And I
don't see where you can control the font size in the body of the help file
itself meaning your answer may be in setting the resolution under
Display->Settings->Screen Area. Lowering that from a 1024-768 to 800-600 or
640-480 will make everything on your desktop larger and I mean everything.
This may introduce other problems like fitting stuff on your screen. What I
usually do if its too small is either print it out or cut and paste the
text into Wordpad or Word and increase the font size there. I do not see
where in the Help file (meaning Internet Explorer) where you can change
font size, only the font. Unless someone knows something I don't.

But it could be worse, it could be Linux (shudder)....(I'm just recovering
from two hours of futile and unsuccessful printer support for a Linux
customer, a job that would have taken less than five minutes on Windows or
even SCO). So count your blessings.

David