Oil drain plug trouble

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil drain plug trouble
From: James Harwood <james.harwood@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:44:19 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
I recently acquired a nice 74 MGB. Among the various
problems I am facing is perhaps the most troubling
one:
the oil drain plug will not tighten, it slips a thread
with only a few ft/lbs of torque. The plug looks to be
in good shape, so i can only assume that the threads
in
the hole in the sump are ****ed.

I have purchased an oil drain valve from Vic Brit and
am thinking of using two-ton epoxy adhesive to secure
this permanently into the sump. I would greatly
appreciate any advice from the list regarding this
kind of solution to the problem, perhaps there's a
better way?

Cheers,
  James