Re: Carburetor Info

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carburetor Info
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:55:16 EST
In a message dated 15/01/2004 11:44:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> You would be better with more carburation if you're racing.
> For that, dual Weber 45 DCOE's is the ideal setup on the x-flow.

Actually, the 40 DCOE and the 45DCOE are functionally equivalent on the HRG
head. The optimum main venturi size for a racing MGB engine is within the range
of available sizes for the 40, and of course the 45 as well.

I have actually run larger venturis on a pair of 40s than a pair of 45s on
another head.

Bill