Carb Swap Success

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Swap Success
From: Dennis Luther <DennisLuther@PrimHall.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:45:54 -0500
Listers,
        Thanks to all those who have given tips about a Z/S to SU
change-over in the past.  I just got mine up and running successfully with a
new mild street cam, new 3-angle valve seats, and mild port clean-up in the
head. I was psched!
        After bedding in the cam for 15-20 min. I was able to run it up and
down the drive way a couple of times.  The road out front is covered with
salty sand... ;-(    Now, lately its been about -20 deg. Fat night, so the
"B" will be hibernating for a bit longer this winter.
        Here's a question:  Are there any "good" reasons for not running the
crank case breather line tee-d into the carb ports?  I think the carb port
is located between the carb slide and throttle plate.  I've seen other cars
with these plugged.

'Can't wait to try it out on the road and check the difference...

Dennis Luther
'77 roadster, now w/ HS-4's