5 speed conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 5 speed conversion
From: Rick Roberts <rrobertsmg@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:25:54 -0800 (PST)
Sorry guys...I put the 5 speed kit in a 76 MGB non-
OD.  This is the first time I had ever tackled this
kind of a major project, but after about 1/2 hour on
the phone with John at QuantumMechanics...it was a no
brainer.

http://www.quantumechanics.com/categories.php?op=newindex&catid=3

I opted for the 5 speed mechanical Vs the OEM
cause..well..ugh...hmm..it just reads better.  (to me)
 The other NG archives are full of horror stores about
the OEM OD unit, so I just opted for mechanical kit.
No fuss, no mess..

1.  Engine and gearbox out.
2.  New clutch and pressure plate on.
3.  Bolt bell housing to new gearbox
4.  Bolt new gearbox to engine
5.  Put unit back into car.

That's it!  Fit like a glove, ratios are:
1st - 4.11
2nd - 2.80
3rd - 1.94
4th - 1.0