Spark plug wires-did I do it right?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spark plug wires-did I do it right?
From: BarrMark262@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:27:21 EST
Hi List: Well, here I go again, asking more dumb questions to many of you. I
want to hook the plugs up properly tonight, so I am asking if my logic is
correct.
I remove the dist. cap, and as I rotate the engine clockwise, and reading in
my manual, that the firing order is 1,3,4,2, (from the radiator end of the
engine?) I hook up a plug wire to the plug connector on the dist. cap that the
rotor facing.  I note which piston was at the top of it's stroke in coorelation
to the rotor too.

If this is wrong, please let me know correct method. I really don't know how
to do this.

Thanks
Dennis