Re: Email Problems, Non-LBC

To: "FrankK" <frankk@intap.net>
Subject: Re: Email Problems, Non-LBC
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:16:43 -0500
Frank,

What exactly did they "bypass"?  Was it your mail server? :)

If it disconnects, you didn't say if it was broadband or dialup, but some
places have a timeout option.  Also you didn't say WHEN your return from
surgery was.  In the last two days there's been a virus going around that
has bombarded servers - I personally get these virus messages on the order
of one about every 30 seconds.  An ISP doing filtering might be slow
delivering mail if they're getting swamped with messages, and if you have a
timeout on how long you'll wait for server response then you might reach a
point where it thinks the server is unreachable and disconnect.

Also consider asking the ISP if they have another POP server you can use
(mail server); some ISPs have secondary ones that see less traffic and you
might have better results with.

- Tab