Re: safe driving tip

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: safe driving tip
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:27:27 -0500
When I was helping move Trisha to Santa Fe over the summer we had a
similarly frightening experience.  I was driving her Montero Sport
trailering her Bugeye, we were driving through a city, I don't remember
which one, in the right lane of a 4 lane highway about 50 yards behind a
semi that was a couple of lanes to the left in moderate traffic.  He passed
a sheet of corrugated roofing tin that had fallen out of someone else's
truck, the turbulence from the truck picked up the tin and threw it right
into our lane, we were fortunate enough to hit it square on, just below the
headlights on the Montero.  We got away with pushing the thing under the car
and running it over with car and trailer.  I'm sure I don't need to tell
anyone what may have happened had it decided to come up the hood instead.

Of course, as soon as we stopped I checked to see that it had come out from
under the car, and what damage it caused.  We got away with some scuffing of
the bumper and airdam and a real good scare.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGTV8
71 MGB Tourer