Need Cam Selection Help for '74 MGB

To: "MG Digest (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need Cam Selection Help for '74 MGB
From: "Christian, Wellner L. CIV COMNAVAIRSYSCOMPATUXENTRIVERMD AIR
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 09:14:48 -0500
Group,

        Any recommendations for the best cam (most possible area under
engine power curve) to use in a stock 1974 MGB engine.  As far as I
know, this engine was rebuilt stock (low compression).  I'm not
interested in low overlap emissions type cams - these make good
horsepower at high RPMs but have really poor low RPM power.  I'd like
the power peak to not be above 6000 RPM (maybe even 5500 RPM.  If the
head flow characteristics and the low compression will support it, I'd
like to use moderate duration (to keep the power peak from being above
6000 RPM) and high overlap (for good low RPM power).  I definitely
want the power at 5500 RPM to be greater than the power at 4500 RPM
:-)
        Any ideas ???

Thanks,  Skip   '74 MGB