Re: Buy off e-bay? (shipping time & Paypal)

To: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>, Randy Widman <rwidman@woh.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Buy off e-bay? (shipping time & Paypal)
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:45:00 -0600
At 07:48 AM 2/4/04 -0600, Paul Root wrote:
>I'm having trouble with a vendor on ebay currently.
>.... he accepted Paypal, .... He replied immediately with the address.
>
>I paid right then. ....
>Saturday, I sent mail again .... got .... reply, ....:
>
>.... the order was shipped. ....

>I reply to that asking when it was shipped and did he use USPS?
>
>.... got this response:
>
>.... The order shipped last week VIA USPS. ....

>So he has stated that it was shipped via the Post Office at least one week
>ago. Yet, I haven't seen it.

I can't comment on this particular party's shipping habits, but here's a
general comment about Paypal.

It is my understanding that Paypal soaks up about four working days waiting
for the electronic payment to clear, similar to clearing a personal check,
before they release the money to the recipient.  That being the case,
perhaps a buyer using Paypal to submit payment should allow 4 or 5 working
days before they expect shipment to commence.

Just a thought.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com