Re: Fuel not getting past carbs

To: <BarrMark262@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel not getting past carbs
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:38:05 -0000
If you blow gently in the float chamber overflow you should see fuel
bubbling up the jet - air cleaners off.  If not it could be a stuck float
valve, if you rap the float chamber sharply (harder than a 'tap' in my
lexicography) with the handle of a screwdriver or similar you may be able to
dislodge it, and flowing fuel may well clear any residual stickiness.  If
not and if you have HIFs (normal for the export 74) you will have to remove
them to get at the float chamber lid, and probably have to use a new O-ring
when refitting it.  If you screw a plate or board to the air-cleaner holes
you can remove them as a pair and not disturb the linkages.  If you have HSs
it is a simple matter to remove the float chamber lid just to see if you
have any fuel in there, and it won't need a new gasket.  If so then possibly
the pipes from float chamber to jet are blocked, possibly with gunge from a
rotted O-ring.

PaulH.