Re: Removing Pine Sap

To: Scott Regel <Scott.Regel@dpra.com>,
Subject: Re: Removing Pine Sap
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:20:24 -0800 (PST)
Ahh, For even the fossilized stuff try isopropyl alcohol $.69 a bottle anywhere
in health and beauty (rubbing alcohol). I have access to alcohol prep pads at
work and they are the best due to convenience. It disolves the stuff Very fast.
I then put on a light touch of cleaner wax and that removes the remaining film
with no pressure needed.
Carl French
67B
74B
70 Stag
84 XJ6
Many pine trees in yard

Scott Regel <Scott.Regel@dpra.com> wrote:
Does any one know of anything I can use to remove hardened pine tree sap
on my car? I have about four big spots from parking the car under a
tree at my old house. It's so hard I'm afraid I might have to carefully
scrap it with a blade...there goes the paint. It needs a paint job any
way, but the car still looks good. So if I can find something that
works, that would be great.