Re: [MG honeymoons]

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [MG honeymoons]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 18:54:41 -0800
We took the MGB on our honeymoon to Yosemite. Due to space considerations we
had to choose between the top and the tonneau... considering it was the last
week in September we took the top. So when a typically sudden Sierra
thunderstorm hit while we were hiking in the big trees, the open car got
pretty wet inside before we could get back to it.

We stayed at the quaint and laid-back Wawona Hotel outside the valley, but
we booked one night in the valley so we could have dinner at the Ahwanee.
Not being able to afford a room at the Ahwanee, we stayed in a tent cabin at
Camp Curry. This would have been fine if we had thought to bring sleeping
bags! The single wool blanket on the cots, plus the ancient car blanket,
wasn't really adequate for 4000 feet. It dropped below freezing during the
night, but we managed <g>.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149