Re: ebay resolution

To: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Subject: Re: ebay resolution
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:01:42 -0600
  I bought a software CD from a "Power Seller" on Ebay late last year.
Shipping was prompt but the CD was defective.  Emailed the seller,
offering to return the CD for his inspection and requesting a
replacement but got no reply.  After two more unanswered Emails over the
course of a week, I started to post a negativce feedback report on the
seller.  As most know, this is one way to get the seller's phone # and
private Email addy as part of Ebay's attempt to mediate the problem and
prevent a negative report.  Soon after I got these the seller answered
one of my earlier Emails!  I was sent another CD, which works.  Starting
a negative feedback process is apparently one way to light a fire under
a seller.

   Anyhoo, I got a good CD and the seller got a neutral feedback rating
with the comment that he was difficult to get in contact with after the
sale.

   I've bought a half dozen or so items via Ebay, this is the only
glitch so far.

   Cheers,

   CR