Wedding Stories

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wedding Stories
From: Bill Snyder <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:00:56 -0500
In 1985, LBC's had not even crossed my mind, which is good, because my
wallet would never have allowed. I drove a 1978 Rust brown Chevy pickup
from North Carolina to Texas. It had a camper on the bakc so I could help
move my wife back after the honeymoon. The truck was the lesser of the
two vehicular evils, as my wife to be drove a 1971 Plymouth Duster,
affectionately know as the Ruster, alias Rattler, alias Squeaker, alias
Leaker. As my wife and I were both veterinarians, upon exiting the
reception, we were showered not with rice, but with bird seed and cat
food! (BTW, cat food hurts) We left the truck at my sister-in-law's house
during our flyaway Mexico honeymoon. When we got back, I opened the truck
door to find a 4 inch growth of grass in the floor. Birdseed+Dirt in
Floor+Water Leaking Through Firewall=Grass! Somehow, both clunkers made
it back from Texas to NC, and Beth and I are still married after 19
years. She has decided that me working on LBC's in the garage is
preferable to me on a golf course or at the local tavern.

Bill Snyder
'66 MGB
'53 MG TD in boxes