Re: Off topic: Domain name registration

To: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Off topic: Domain name registration
From: "Jeff Fayne" <fayne@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:35:20 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>

> Yes, and Verisign is never concerned about profit....*cough*
>
> Verisign repeatedly abuses their power, and they regularly screw things up
> and make it difficult to fix.  The couple of bucks a year difference isn't
> the reason that people run screaming from Verisign when they get the
> chance....

Chuck took the words right out of my mouth....

I routinely get "domain expiration renewal" notices from Verisign for my
domains. They claim "click here to renew your expiring domain". Funny thing
is none of my domains are registered directly with them and they all expire
several years out.  They're constantly under fire for this sort of domain
hijacking...

Enough about domains, back to our regularly scheduled broadcast   :)

Jeff
'70B