RE: Tire size vs. gearing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tire size vs. gearing
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:20:30 -0600
> Calculating total gearing is totally beyond me, and
> I'm not necessarily looking someone to do that for me.
>  Mostly, I'd just like to know opinions on what you
> THINK I'll get out of the different sizes.

Paul, there are probably others out there, but here's a calculator:

http://www.therangerstation.com/Gear_Tire_RatioChange.html

You enter new tire diameter, old tire diameter, and the current gear
ratio.  It then tells you the actual ratio with your new tires.

I know it doesn't necessarily give you the answer you're looking for at
the moment, but by seeing what effective ratio each different size
gives, it may give you a better feel of what will work well.