Circle track MGB-GT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Circle track MGB-GT
From: kmwheeler@ualr.edu
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:57:12 -0600
Well, you guys may "dis" this (using the newfangled vernacular) but...
h3ll, the fuel cell could be worth the $200.  If I weren't 1300 miles away
I'd get the bloody thing -- if the roll cage will meet SCCA specs, it'd
be quite a bit cheaper than the $2500 or so I spent to build a GT
shell with a cage in it.  Yeah, the car is ugly, but *IF* the cage etc
are of quality (which is hit or miss with circle track guys) it could
be a really cheap start to a vintage racer or whatever.  Yep,
lotsa ifs, but at that cheap, some MG racer would be better
off saving the thing (that's what Sanctuary is all about)!

Like I said, if I were closer I'd consider it for a back-up shell for my
rally car.

The single carb?  Hast thou not read thine Vizard?  That setup with
the single big honking SU is probably much better than the twins.  Yeah,
I know, we all like the cute twinsies, heck I even polished mine...um,
oh yeah, carbs....but anyway those single carb setups are much better
on A series engines, so I figure it'd be the same on a 'B as well.  Yes,
I know, part of it is manifold -- the stock twin SU manifold is lame.

... and considering the price of putting a cage in a car, $200 is a
steal, and if he even went in and seam welded the beast...any idea
how long that takes?  And folks think replacing a heater cable is
a pain.

The rest of it?  on a race car that's just cosmetics.

Safety faster,

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary

PS -- If someone wants to save this poor thing I know a really nice fellow
with a set of MGC-GTS "Sebring" wings for sale!

From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>

Ah, right on the heels of the $30,000 Midget comes
this lovely vehicle...

From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>

It's got a single carb? Do you suppose the sanction
body made them put it on to slow down the car?