MGs for sale (?)

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGs for sale (?)
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:14:57 -0800
I have just heard about an estate auction where (among a lot of large
American derelicts) a few MGs may be available. My agents inform me that
they include:

1 1966 B, red, apparently complete
1 1969 B, black, apparently complete
1 1974 Midget, white, apparently complete
1 ?? Midget, stripped for restoration, parts status unknown

Operational status of these vehicles is completely unknown.

Unfortunately, this auction is tomorrow, so unless you happen to be in the
vicinity of Portland, Oregon, you probably can't make it. Anyway, I thought
I'd mention it in case someone in the area was specifically looking for one
of these vehicles to buy at this time. If so, contact me and I will get you
the particulars.

I have instructed my agents to bid on the 66 up to a reasonable price,
trusting their judgment. I suppose if someone were willing to gamble on a
pig in a poke, my agents could be persuaded to bid on one of the other
vehicles, but there would have to be some assumption of risk.

(I say my "agents" -- I'm talking about my father and my brother, who
wouldn't really be able to front a lot of cash on a speculative deal.)

I guess I'm really just mentioning this in case these cars don't attract any
bidders, it would be a shame if they didn't go to a good home <g>.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149 (essentially a VIN tag and a drivetrain sandwiching a lot