Re. Who designed the location of...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re. Who designed the location of...
From: twobees@sprynet.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:26:18 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Suggestion re. battery arcing on hood/bonnet - duct tap on positive terminal.

As for jump starting - no need to hook cables to battery posts under rear
compartment.  Just attach appropriate cable clamps to: head bolt for ground
(negative ground in my case) & "what's it called" junction of battery cable &
starter cable (My '66's is on the inner fender across from the dizzy.)  These
are also the points where I attach the battery charger.  I just have to
remembre to be sure to have the battery cut-off switch turned on to do either.
Like Phil Bacon, my shut-off is mounted behind the seat.  But, in my case the
passenger seat, right in front of the battery.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB