Re: Starter Options

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starter Options
From: kmwheeler@ualr.edu
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:31:01 -0600
I used one on my rally car.  It died after substantial abuse, but would
probably last
years on a street car.  I had to use it to start the car in gear at an event
after
major clutch hydraulic problems, and I did not want to give up!

One warning, and maybe some other folks would know:  a mechanic buddy
of mine said some (all?) aren't "new" starters, they are rebuilt Honda units
with
adapter plates.

When I get the cash flow to enjoy such things again, I'll put one back one the
rally car.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary