Rockers, valvetrain, etc.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rockers, valvetrain, etc.
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:50:39 -0800
At the track this weekend, Larry was saying that the stock pushrods
are preferable to the fancy expensive roller rockers. That the roller
rockers have a worse ratio than the stock. What is the wisdom of the
list on this?

The last pieces I need to acquire for the motor internals is the valve
train. Doug Jackson has some interesting notes up on
http://www.mgbmga.com but has been too busy to reply to my
inquiries. What are the various advantages, and disadvantages of
various choices for parts in the valvetrain?  Tappets, pushrods, valve
springs etc?  I've read some interesting articles on "beehive
valvesprings".

   Larry

--
                   Girling is not a verb.