Re: MGB Tyre Pressures

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Tyre Pressures
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:52:55 -0800
The problem was probably running the same pressure all around. You should
have about 3 lbs higher in the rear, as you noted. 25 is a little low, I
think. 28/31 to 30/33 is the range I usually run depending on temperature,
load, and laziness.

A lot of people will recommend higher pressures. I admit that will give you
the feel of quick "turn-in" on the the relatively tall tires, but will also
wear out the tread in the center unless you consistently carry a full load
of passengers and fuel.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149