Re: Seat Covers

To: "James Kleemeyer" <jkk@adams.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Covers
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 08:40:40 -0800
Jim,

I bought a leather full set about two years ago and as my MGB GT V8 is not
finished yet I have only a partial recommendation.  I had the seats done by
a retired MG upholstery man who did the cushions (I had him put 3" of
medical foam just like airline pilot seats!) webbing and putting on the
leather covers for Cdn$100.  He said the covers were fine!  I have looked
at the kit and al seems well except I think the gearbox housing bit is not
shaped like some other kits.  It was VERY much cheaper than anyone
else.  They sent the wrong headrests and they did not quibble and airmailed
the new ones.   I did find that they do not supply one piece which I found
strange - that is the small rectangular bit that goes over the two tubes
that come out of the heater and connect up to the windscreen demister
vents.  I found out by chance that they are made in Nepal !! If you have
been to Nepal you will know they are pretty good with leather there!!!

I am very satisfied and you cannot beat their prices.

By the bye - they are no good if you want 'original' patterns - so for
concours they are out!

At 08:31 PM 3/24/2004, James Kleemeyer wrote:
>I'm also thinking of rebuilding the seats in my '74B. Has anyone ever tried
>the Prestige Auto Trim sets in either leather or vinyl?
>www.prestigeautotrim.com
>
>Jim K

Regards
Barrie