Sill covers, leg room, and carpeting

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sill covers, leg room, and carpeting
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 19:32:19 -0600
In the next few days I'll be installing new rubber sill covers in the 79B;
it looks as if they will fit without any modifications. Took the seats out,
tore the old nasty carpet off the sills, scraped the old glue off, cleaned
everything and should be able to glue them in tomorrow. While I had the
seats out, I decided to move them back as far as possible since my long legs
get a little cramped on a long haul. It looks as if I can move them back
almost 2 inches so I drilled new holes in the seat mounting frame.
It sure seems like there's more leg room in the 67B than in the 79, does
anyone know if there is a difference?
I was going to put a new carpet kit in the 79, but after looking closer the
sill carpet seems to be the main problem along with the vertical piece in
the back and the piece that fits over the battery cover. Does anyone know
where you can buy just these pieces of carpeting instead of the whole kit?
Thanks,
Monte