Re: Car hauling from Tucson

To: BarrMark262@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car hauling from Tucson
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:55:54 EST
Dennis,
The agent I use for shipping freight at my "day job" recommends trying the
following companies:  (I suggest getting a quote from each one.  Some have
on-line quoting.)

www.reliable-carriers.com
Reliable Carriers Inc
41555 Koppernick Road
Canton, MI  48187
800-453-6677

Reliable Carriers Inc
220 South 54th Street
Chandler, AZ  85226
800-528-5709

Reliable Carriers Inc
453 Thorpe Road
Orlando, FL  328/24
800.833.7411

www.dasautoshippers.com
Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS)
3020 East HWY 80
Mesquite, TX 75149
214.381.0181

Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS California)
18004 So. Broadway
Carson, CA 90248
310.719.9915

www.horselesscarriage.com
Horeseless Carriage Carriers, Inc.
61 Iowa Ave, NJ
Paterson, NJ  07503
800-826-1083

I've included all the different addresses, in case there are others in other
parts of the county who are looking for someone to ship their cars.  Also, If
anyone on the list has had any experiences (good or bad) with any of these
companies, please speak up!

Good luck!
Donny V
1978 MGB

In a message dated 3/27/2004 12:02:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
BarrMark262@aol.com
writes:

Hi List: Just about finished with the 74CB, and can't wait to start a new
project. In fact I have already purchased a project car from Bill in Tucson,
and now
need some ideas from you as to the best way to get it to Medford, Oregon. It
does not run, but stops, as Bill says, when it runs into something.
I have been offered a trailer by my friend Dave Hammond, but since it is
about 1400 miles away I thought I might see if any of you might know a way to
get
it here. I will get a quote from a "transporter", but want to ask here first.
Even if you are not going all the way from Tucson to Oregon, perhaps I could
meet one of you part way; San Diego, LA or etc.  Certainly share expenses.

Anyway, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks
Dennis Barr
Medford, Oregon
finishing a 1974B and dying to start the 66B