Re: MGA engine reinstall

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA engine reinstall
From: "mgamgb" <mgamgb@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:52:20 +1200
You can also get extra clearance by removing the crankshaft pulley and
timing cover, and gearbox dipstick. Reasemble the crank pulley through the
timing cover before replacing (if you are using the felt seal)

Lift the tailshaft housing into position with a rope threaded through the
gear lever opening in the tunnel

> It is similar to installing the unit into the MGB. IMO, you'll need a bit
more
> tilt 'adjustability'. You need to start at quite a steep angle then level
it
> out as the gearbox gets in under the goal post. I suggest putting the car
up on
> jack stands with the rear higher than the front to help with this need for
> steep angle.
>
> Place an old blanket over the front of the bonnet surround & latch area.
Unless