New tube shocks--a report

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: New tube shocks--a report
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 14:33:46 -0400
To all--

Remember a while back Kelvin said that Moss discovered the Monroe shocks in the
rear tube shock conversion had drifted away from the original spec and that's
why everybody hated them, and they had found new shocks that were softer AND
better handling?
Just a note to say that, tired of getting beat up by every pimple on the road
and handling poorly in the turns I bought the new replacement shocks and I
couldn't be happier.  This is what I thought the car should handle like when I
first did the tube shock mod.  Now it handles in turns AND leaves my teeth in
place when I hit bumps.   To Kelvin, thanks for following this thing through
and, if it's not you to be thanked, pass along my gratitude.
On the other hand I'm thinking about going back to the lever shocks in the
front, partly 'cause the braking gets so crappy in the wet without the disc
shield that is deleted in the conversion.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT
66 Mustang