Re: MGB Choke Cable

To: <Timfboston@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Choke Cable
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:13:47 +0100
As you pull on the knob it is the outer that moves up so lifting the choke
lever.  This should be seated in a 'socket' on the choke lever.  With these
you must be sure the cable has a clear path *when it is pulled*, and not
necessarily when it pushed fully home.  Also make sure that when the choke
is *half* pulled the cable makes a right-angle with the lever.  Too much one
way or the other can make the choke very stiff at the beginning or end of
its travel.

PaulH.