Re: Spring run!

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spring run!
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:25:25 -0500
    Some B afficianados think the '67 was the best running engine of all.
   Others think the later model 3-ring pistons with the later rods revs
up more freely.  The one in my '69 uses the '67 cam profile and pre-smog
head but I used the earlier pistons and rods.  It sure has gobs of
torque in the mid range.

    Went on a run in the Hill Country with the Alamo MG club last
Saturday.  Trip started on the northwest side of San Antonio, went to
Medina via Medina Lake, Bandera, Utopia and Tarpley.  All twisty, up
hill and down dale, 2-lane roads, through beautiful spring-green country
side.  We had 10 cars or so in the group, sharing the roads with all the
Harleys in central Texas.  Lots of tooting and waving.  Lunch at the
Cider MIll in Medina, then the group broke up for the trip home, which
for us was on north, up TX hwy 16 to our home town of Kerrville.  We put
   a bit over 200 miles on the B, around 75 of it on the freeway at 65 to
75 mph, going down to meet the club, the rest between 35 and 65 mph,
winding through the countryside.  The only thing could have made it
better would have been if the sun had broken through more.  We went down
to SA with the top up, put it down for the group run and the drive back
home.  Got sprinkled on here and there, temps between 55 and 75 F.  Had
a good time, saw some neat cars.

    Cheers,

     CR