vapor lock like trouble

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: vapor lock like trouble
From: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:29:08 -0500
I went for weeks trying to figure out why my A wouldn't start up when
hot. On really hot days, it would heat up, then after a while sputter
and die. After it cooled down, it would start up like nothing was
wrong.  It drove me crazy. I discovered the fuel pump was so hot it
could burn me and I replaced it and everything was fine. The pump was
less than 4 months old.  Get rid of the crummy pump. You can buy a
cheap generic solid state pump from a parts store.  They do sell a
solid state pump that looks like the original but no one will know the
difference.

Mike
50 MGTD, 59 MGA, 65 MGB