Re: How to misalign a distributor

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How to misalign a distributor
From: "bernd" <bernd.vabeach@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 08:30:59 -0400
if we take the presumption that the distributor has not been rebuild  or
rebuild and not been reassembled incorrectly does the theory still applies
that the "dog drive" can be inserted wrong?.  I noticed on mine the same
thing Dennis experienced, one of my distributors will not seat completely
into the distributor housing (about a quarter inch out), while a earlier
model distributor will fit flush into the housing, I'm going out today and
try the suggestion Dennis offered up and rotate the Rotar 180 degree and see
if that gives me any joy of getting the distributor flush with the housing.
I let the list know what the results are.
Bernie
Chesapeake, Va