Re: Painting a rubber bumper....

To: Robert.Haigney@anixter.com
Subject: Re: Painting a rubber bumper....
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 01:42:46 EDT
Robert,
What are you aiming for? A car that looks like it has a ground effects kit
ALA Mercedes AMG? Yes it can be done with the use of a good sealer  that coats
the rubber and dries so that you have a good adhesion coating for the actual
paint itself. A good high quality epoxy based paint should more than serve any
purpose that you neeed!  I betcha $10  that you have second thoughts and end up
trying to change it back to it's original appearance. For one thing it's more
valuable when it's left in stock form....I found out the hard way!

Albert Escalante
1978 MGB & 1977 Jaguar XJ6-L
Central Coast British Car Club (Ca.)