SCCA Solo II in a "B" or a Midget?

To: "'MG Discussion'" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: SCCA Solo II in a "B" or a Midget?
From: "TJ Tryon, Jr." <tjt@insightbb.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 22:12:25 -0500
OK, time for some fun.  Anyone here race their MG in solo II?  Stories and
suggestions would be appreciated.  I've done AMA Motorcycle Road Racing,
track days in my Beretta, and raced a friends 969 a couple of times when he
was laid up injured.

I was just checking out the rules for MGs, and they look to be in a fairly
fun class for Solo II, and the very minimal prep work makes it quite
feasable (and the fact that I own a B and a Midget makes this more fun).

Any thoughts on the following:

1.  Battery on the B is not really strapped down.  Is it good enough that a
tie down strap hold it down more securely?

2.  Can stock wire wheels handle the pressure, or are the mini-lites a must?

3.  I'm assuming that a roll bar is mandatory on a convertible (though the
rules didn't say)?  How about a fiberglass hard top?

4.  Is the convertible top tonneau cover enough to "secure" the top, per the
rules, or do you need to remove the top/frame?

Any other thoughts, tips, stories, etc?  I'm sure I am not the only one
interested in hearing...

TJ