Re: VrooooOOOM

To: "Eric" <eric@erickson.on.net>, "The MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VrooooOOOM
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:26:12 -0400
I've been running a 2" full Peco setup (header, pipe and rear box...
the all red setup) for over five years now on my year round daily
driver '73 BGT.   From inside... the sound to me...is reminiscent
of an old VW.    Not too loud at all. Then again in a BGT, you really
don't hear it the way cars around you might.  (I have a ton of insulation
on the floor as well as in the boot.) When up at around 3-4krpm
it does have a nice throaty roar.... but in the driveway...I think it sounds
rather tame.  Someone mentioned two 'hot dog' shaped mufflers..... ???
Mine is one big round box all the way at back, no intermediate resonator
or the like anywhere.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com