Anti run on valve question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anti run on valve question
From: "Barry" <cen70394@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 13:37:50 -0500
Thanks to all who gave me suggestions on how to help fix the steering column
bushing looseness.  Here's another question now.

I have experienced "run on" with my '73 mgb in the past, but it was due to a
leak in the hose running from the engine to the anti run on valve.  My
question is:  Do these valves go bad??? would that be the first thing to
replace??  my idle doesn't seem to be as good anymore and the run on is awful.
The car has been desmogged somewhere in it's distance past, but this problem
just began the other day, all at once................no run on, then awful run
on.  Help please.

Barry in Arkansas