Re: More clutch hydraulic help

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More clutch hydraulic help
From: James Harwood <james.harwood@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 16:51:43 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Okay, I've decided to just replace everything and
> take
> my time this time and bleed correctly, etc.  But I
> already ran into another snag!
>
> How do I get the clutch hose off?  It comes off the
> slave easy enough, but how can I get a wrench onto
> the
> huge 7/8" nut that holds it onto the chassis?  A
> normal 7/8" wrench is pretty long, and it hits
> either
> the a-arm or the oil pan or the castle rail... I
> can't
> get at the nut no matter which way I go at it.
>
> Also, how do I get at the nut on the back side of
> that
> mounting point?  And what size is it?  I can't even
> see it...

Paul,
On my 74 CBB, the top nut measures 15/16". It was easy
enough to get at...but then I have the engine out ;-)
I checked the haynes and bentley manuals, neither seem
to cover clutch slave hose removal. I guess that
translates to clamp it with molegrips and beat with a
large hammer.
Sorry I can't help much.

James