RBB electrical questions

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RBB electrical questions
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 00:15:33 -0400
I have sorted out and undone most of the wiring modifications but I am left
with a couple of questions.

The ignition switch on the column appears to have been removed previously.
It has five of the six wires, brown, white, white/red, white/green, and
purple/pink; with bullet connectors.  The missing wire is the slate one to
the anti run-on control valve.  In what positions should this wire have
power to it?  Where would it be mounted to the ignition switch?

Also, There is a heavy green wire that is taped to the engine coolant temp
sender wire, and has a female spade connector on its end.  This green wire
is about 18" longer than the sender wire, and covered with a blue protective
sheath.  It seems like it should wrap around to the carb side of the engine,
but I can't find a home for it.  Could someone tell me where it goes?

Lastly, I'm guessing that the thermostatic switch for the fans died, because
the PO cut the connector off of the wires and ran them through a toggle on
the dash.  The connector is now gone.  I don't see it in Moss, can it be
bought or is it unobtanium?

I haven't powered up the car yet, I'm trying to get all the wiring fixed
first.  I will be putting the dash back in on Wednesday, clean up a couple
of frayed wires around the starter and then I should be ready to power it
up.

Thanks again,
James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8