Fuse Rating

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuse Rating
From: "S Allen" <scottinthestans@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:30:10 +0430
Hi,

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for help in identifying the
starter relay in my 74 1/2.  Now on to the next question...

I guess some background is in order since one of the responses I got was
"how did I know there was a problem?"

I've been in Irag for 14mos, and my housemate drove my BGT when I was gone.
At some point the starter had a problem, and he didn't no any better.  From
the looks of it the solenoid didn't disengage and before the gears on it
were chewed to bits everything downstream in the wiring was cooked.

Oh yeah, the alt was dead too.

And the radio.

And over Christmas while he had it at the mall an SUV backed into the hood,
(but that's another story).

So, next question:

On the bottom fuse on the right side of the fuse box there's two brown
wires.  One runs to the starter solenoid.  The other runs into the firewall
and disappears under the dash, (I suspect it supplies the constant power
line to my radio which is why it isn't working, even though everything else
in the dash is).

On the wire that runs to firewall there's a tiny, tiny in-line fuse.  It has
the fuse wire on the outside of the element, and of course it's blown.

Since I'm replacing wire I figured that I would replace it with a "modern"
in-line fuse, but I can't find anything that says what the tiny, tiny fuse
is rated at.

Anyone know?

Any help appreciated.

S. Allen