Re: fuel starvation

To: Don Vierling <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>
Subject: Re: fuel starvation
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 14:33:38 -0500
That's a good point. The core plug right there above the oil filter is
leaking. I haven't got around to this.

I doubt it's the fuel pump. But that's just because I'm pig headed and
want to believe MY theory. Anyway, this weekend, I'm going to get a jar
and let it pump out for a minute following Paul Hunt's advice.

If it is the fuel pump. I'm up for a rebuild. I'm thinking it would be
the diaphragm would be the culprit right? I suppose it could be the
points sticking/wearing out.

I can't do anything destructive to the car this weekend, as I've sent
the daily driver to the shop for front end work.

I trust the B more than the 626 these days.

Paul.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root
   /    _ \     1977 MGB